special edition vs regular - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

special edition vs regular

I am buying my first bike real soon and need some help. I used to race motocross for 6 years and i just miss the freedom of riding. I picked the ninja 250 cause its a great starter bike and great mpg's. I have found alot of used 2009-2011 250's in my area for around 2800 to 3500. The one issue im having is what is the difference between the 2011 ninja 250r special edition and just the regular ninja 250r. I know the graphics are different but what is technically different?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker_ninja250 View Post
....I know the graphics are different but what is technically different?
Absolutely nothing.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

so pretty much your paying more $$ for different graphics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 05:07 PM

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

i found a 2011 ninja 250r SE pearl white with about 4500 miles on it for 3400. The guy said he would throw in a helemt, jacket, and gloves. the bike was dropped once really no damage at all so would i be overpaying? i plan on selling it next summer and move to a bigger bike.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 07:38 PM

IMHO too much money..unless the helmet is a Shoei/Arai, the jacket is Alpinestars/Dianese, and the gloves are really good.

I would pay no more than 3k for the lot based on the mileage and the fact it was dropped. MIGHT pay a little more if the seller can PROVE good maintenance (documented services WITH receipts to prove it.)

And candidly, the idea of wearing someone elses' used and sweated in helmet is gross..kinda like sharing sweaty underwear.

I have come to terms with the possibility of dying while riding, life has a 100% death rate. I would rather live having fun and end up dead in a motorcycle crash than never do anything fun because it's dangerous and I might get killed. No one makes it out alive anyway. - From a friend on another forum, used with his permission.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys every piece of info helps!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 07:32 PM

So did you get the 250r or the SE?

I have come to terms with the possibility of dying while riding, life has a 100% death rate. I would rather live having fun and end up dead in a motorcycle crash than never do anything fun because it's dangerous and I might get killed. No one makes it out alive anyway. - From a friend on another forum, used with his permission.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 07:12 PM

I picked up a 2009SE with 1990 miles on it for $2800. It was listed for $3000 and we offered 2800 and the woman took the offer straight up. Thinking if we offered less she might have taken less. I say go check out the bikes and see if you can negotiate with the seller to a price which suits your budget better. I was told by many of my friends who are riders to not spend over $3000 on my first bike as it is bound to be dropped and beat up a bit.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 10:45 AM

costs of ninja 250r se

My 2010 250r se was on sale for 2500 end of August 2014. I got price down to 2200 because a fairing was chewed at the tip by his puppy. He had it apart for I don't know what reason. It had only 2,500 miles. I, too, didn't want to spend more than 3000 because I'm a new rider and expected to drop the poor thing and have done so 3 times in first three months of riding. My poor little 'AppleBottom'. She is really little cuz the PO offered to get her lowered for me since I wanted to flat foot it being a new rider and all. I am 5'3".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement