Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

Fender elim / Tail light

15K views 46 replies 4 participants last post by  Gabe81 
#1 ·
I ordered a new license plate, really need some advice for makin the fender nice, do I need a feder eliminator if I get a new tail light like this one Light Product Font Screenshot Line

Or all I would need was to mount the plate someplace and add a light?
Or do I get this?? Vehicle Wheel Screenshot Font Gadget

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#6 ·
Yoshimura makes the best one for the Ninja 250 IMHO, and it can be found on eBay for under $100. Has a nice bright LED plate light.

No the light is not that bright, it's a combination of the camera flash and me washing out my plate numbers. :)

#9 ·
I just got paid, bout to buy the comp werks taillight http://m.motorcycle-superstore.com/...erkes-Light-Werkes-Integrated-Taillights.aspx

On some other site it said I would need some switches, is that true or all I need is the light?

You MIGHT need the LED rated flasher relay, especially if your front signals are LED as well. If the fronts are stock or have regular bulbs, you might get lucky and not need the new flasher relay.

If you install the integrated and your signals either flash really fast or stay on steady (or both sides come on at the same time) you'll need the relay and possibly isolation diodes.

The Comp Werks kit SHOULD come with all the parts you need and/or instructions on what to do if things don't work as expected.

#14 ·
they just replace the top two bolts holding your plate on the mounting plate. You don't need to do a fender elim to use them, but your bike already has a light on the plate with the stock setup

like Gabe said, you have to wire the two lights into one of the running lights. Could be your current plate light wire or it could be your taillight wire.

#26 · (Edited)
Man you wouldn't believe the ride I went in today, to the secret biker bar, oh man the most epic ride thus far, got to be a model in a professional photo shoot, IT WAS WILD

LOL is that you? Looks like you got boobs...:naughty2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.