Great :( GMR - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Great :( GMR

Man, this is all about where I call home. http://www.sgvtribune.com/ci_11423377?source=rss_viewed
Two of the accidents listed involve riders from our GMR group. More reason to take it to the track.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 08:16 AM

Yeah I saw Kathleen's name mentioned.

At least they talked about a cause of increase in riders being gas prices.

The thing I always hate about articles like this is they never mention the increase in automobile accidents. I'd almost bet the rise in car accidents is the same percentage or greater than motorcycle accidents. It's all common sense, stats go up when there are more people.

I stopped riding GMR a while ago. Going so often made it boring for me because I know there are other great roads out there. AND I noticed an increase in "our mountain" mentality. No canyon in this state is mine no matter how often I ride it. As soon as I started to see people refer to GMR as their road or their mountain, I was immediately reminded of the Palomar Mafia guys. They consider Palomar to be their road and they're the best riders up there. Being fast and getting their knees down are big deals. In their eyes they're riding safe, but to everyone else they're assholes. At least the SBN GMR crew doesn't purposely cross the double yellows in turns when leaned over in a turn. But there are other mentality similarities between the 2 groups.

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 08:50 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to SubZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMoe View Post
As soon as I started to see people refer to GMR as their road or their mountain, I was immediately reminded of the Palomar Mafia guys. They consider Palomar to be their road and they're the best riders up there. Being fast and getting their knees down are big deals. In their eyes they're riding safe, but to everyone else they're assholes. At least the SBN GMR crew doesn't purposely cross the double yellows in turns when leaned over in a turn. But there are other mentality similarities between the 2 groups.
That's what's sad. EVERY major city has that group of squids that have that type of attitude or claim to ownership. We have them up here. There is even the groups of stuntahs that think they own certain parts of the town. A large shoal will get together and start stuntin in the city and then wonder why and get pissed at several police officers (including helicopters) show up and start writing tickets, impounding bikes and arresting people.
The same is with the riders who go up to the canyons and ride like they're in a race. I've seen these little morons race around up there in jeans and a t-shirt with only a back protector on or in the winter time a street jacket. Street as in like a normal street wear jacket. They play king of the mountain and then are violently dethroned when they pit themselves against a 2k + pound car. It's sad.
I hate to see a rider fall and pass away period but even more so when it was senseless and could have been prevented had the rider been responsible and used common sense.
I really don't need to say too much more. Y'all know what I mean.

Yes I'm a
08 Monster Energy (replica) 250R
WARNING! Psychological Nudity. Adult content. Viewer discretion is advised.
Be mischievous. It feels good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 02:44 PM

So anyone who reads this doesn't think Miss Zero and myself are bashing any particular riders when we talk about assholes and squids, it's the dangerous people we're referring to. Hansen's crash up there was because someone crossed over and hit him. That person may or may not have been an asshole squid, they may have just been an inexperienced rider trying to keep up with his more experienced buddies, or maybe he was trying to avoid some dirt or an animal in the road. It's hard to say since we don't know him.

Our comments are directed to the a-holes we see every day riding like... well... a-holes.

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 05:45 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to SnikZ2009
My best friend lost her brother about 2 weeks after I ordered my bike to an accident in Cali. He had been riding for about 20 years and was riding on an unfamiliar rode. He was riding with a group of about 30 and the two riders of the lead group both slid into oncomming traffic around a bend. Both were lost that day. I still bought my bike and try to remember every time I get on my bike that knowledge of a road is as important as experiance...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 03:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to SubZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikZ2009 View Post
I still bought my bike and try to remember every time I get on my bike that knowledge of a road is as important as experiance...
That is very true in most respects. But where common sense comes into play is that a seasoned rider can ride the same canyon roads everyday and everyday the conditions will be different. Whether is be from weather, cars, accidents so forth and so on the game always changes. It really never stops changing. That's the problems with riding at track /race speeds on the street. Or even above legal speed. You NEVER know what will be around that next corner. At least if you are using common sense and riding not only within your limits but also close to legal street speeds you will have the ability to react and keep something really awe full from happening to you, someone else or both. The street has too many variables as it is let alone to add a rider haulin ass - sometimes knee down - through blind corner.
I know this all may come across as rude or as though I'm against street riding. Both could not be more further from the truth. I'm all for riding on the street but really want to be a help in opening people's minds to reasons of why riding that way endangers not only themselves but other people. I've seen too many people killed or maimed because they've pushed it on the street.

SnikZ - Sorry of your best friends' loss.

Yes I'm a
08 Monster Energy (replica) 250R
WARNING! Psychological Nudity. Adult content. Viewer discretion is advised.
Be mischievous. It feels good.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 10:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to SnikZ2009
Thanks Sub... I just hope everyone reading the forum finds that there is a lot to learn even from reading. (and it gives us something to do when the weather doesn't allow riding...) We have had the 2nd snowiest winter on record....
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 09:33 PM

I'm not too familiar with the big city-like problems that you guys face everyday. i live in a town of 2,ooo and the biggest city within 70 miles is a population of maybe 50,ooo. down here (or over here, i live in central illinois) our biggest problem is animals, tractors, and debris. but i had two friends get into a wreck over the weekend. both were on bikes. but one wasn't as experienced, went wide in a turn, and his buddy took it sharp. one friend has to have complete reconstructive facial surgery, and the other one lost a leg. i just hope that everyone realizes that no matter what your skill level, please use common sense and good group skills. i really hope i won't have to see this for a long time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement