Mini Tour of Italy - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to SubZero
Mini Tour of Italy

With the weather being so gorgeous it was time to dust of the bikes and head out for a bit of a zip. We headed out and our first stop was to the gas station.
Then down Sunrise to White Rock. Left on White Rock and off we went. Surprisingly traffic was really light. A bit brrr-chilly out but not freezing. The cruise down White Rock was lovely! Got up to Latrobe rode and made a left. Made a right on .............. I don't know the street name but we made ar right into the complex. In El Dorado Hills there is this little plaza that is designed after a town in Italy. Our first order of business was Habit coffee house by Naked Lounge. The absolute BEST in coffee and tea!

Sadly the sun was in the wrong spot so you see me in the window reflection.

One Mocha Thai and a Vietnamese coffee late and it's lunch time!

We walk over to Mama Ann's Deli - Bakery - Market. Drool.

Jeff and I both order two Italiano Panini's and two San Pellegrino's. Lemon for Jeff, orange for me.

San Pellegrino. Refreshing.

The little birds were hanging around begging for food and being the sap that I am I sacrificed little pieces of my panini bread to help the hungry. They all were thankful but one little bird kept returning so I kept feeling bad giving it little pieces. When the sandwich was gone he kept hanging around waiting in case I tossed a few more crumbs.

Across the street we see this gorgeous red head sitting there. I just couldn't take my eyes of this lovely gal and she was an Italian to boot!

It was starting to get late and the tower clock was about to strike four. It would be getting dark soon so we decided to head home.
Our noble steeds.

Jeff & his Italian beauty /beast

Me and my little Ninja that could. No she's not Italian but at least I was in all Italian gear.

Mercy that sun was low in the sky and right in my eyes!

Headed out and got back into our neck of the woods. What a great day!!! Thanks for looking!

Yes I'm a
08 Monster Energy (replica) 250R
WARNING! Psychological Nudity. Adult content. Viewer discretion is advised.
Be mischievous. It feels good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 AM

Nice, I have wondered who you referred to whenever you said "we went for a ride".

Cool Ferrari, but I dislike owners that take two parking spots, no matter how exotic the car. I see you two used just one so I guess that just evens it out, but still, take the exotic to the end of the parking lot if you want to.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 07:10 AM

Awe I want to ride . Looks like you had a fun little jaunt.

Jeff has a nice Duc!

When I was younger the exotic would have gotten a loogie for taking up 2 spots. When I was younger. How does one spell loogie? Oh well good enough.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgary View Post
Cool Ferrari, but I dislike owners that take two parking spots, no matter how exotic the car. I see you two used just one so I guess that just evens it out, but still, take the exotic to the end of the parking lot if you want to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minichris View Post
When I was younger the exotic would have gotten a loogie for taking up 2 spots. When I was younger. How does one spell loogie? Oh well good enough.
In defense of the Ferrari. He wasn't taking up two spots. The picture angle makes it appear that way though. It was one spot but the sidewalk is at an angle and to keep the parking space even (I guess) they just painted the line to make it even. If that makes sense.

Yes I'm a
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 02:36 PM

He's still a tool because he owns a Ferrari and I don't.

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
In defense of the Ferrari. He wasn't taking up two spots. The picture angle makes it appear that way though. It was one spot but the sidewalk is at an angle and to keep the parking space even (I guess) they just painted the line to make it even. If that makes sense.
Ah, you are correct. I take that back. [S]He is OK in my book now

I don't know about messing with the car, but maybe a note could work. I used to work at a company that had its own private parking lot. It was big enough that about 20 parking spots were still available after all employees had parked, and one 90-something small pick up truck would always park in two spots, whereas a brand new BMW Z4 (the nicest car in the lot) would park normally in a single spot. I was annoyed and on a mission.

I took some pictures of both cars, and printed them in a single sheet with a legend that I don't remember what read anymore, but something along the lines of "The BMW that should be the one concerned about damages to the paint parks in a single spot, the ugly pick up truck (it wasn't ugly, just beat up) parks in two spots. Just move it to the end of the parking lot and respect the others", and posted the sign where all the announcements where posted.

Needless to say, the sign was gone in less than an hour, but the truck started parking correctly, and we were all happy ever after.

Sorry for the hijack, Sub
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 08:05 AM

Hijack continued....

When I worked at JVC in Torrance, there was a little old convertible in really nice shape (I forget what it was, but it was red and white, rounded lines) that would take up 2 spots in the middle of the heavily used part of the parking lot. It didn't help that it was right outside our office window. We understood the concern about door dings, but again... he should have parked it away from the other cars. My buddy and I both had tiny little crappy cars so one day we parked next to him on either side. We were able to fit within the lines (REALLY close to his car)... basically parking 3 cars in 2 spots.

We watched him go out to his car and get all pissed off, throwing his arms up and basically cursing our cars out for how we parked because now he had to climb on the back of his car and crawl into the driver seat just to get into his car.

The next day he parked farther away.

If you ever find yourself in a situation where there's an asshole parker, just print out the flyers from this site and leave them a little gift. http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

I hate people that park like that too. I just leave a note that says "If you fuck like you park you'll never get it in straight."

Usually that does the trick.

Yes I'm a
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 08:19 AM

Oh I will be using a notice from that website very soon if this R32 in our parking lot keeps its evil ways.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
I hate people that park like that too. I just leave a note that says "If you fuck like you park you'll never get it in straight."

Usually that does the trick.
The problem with that is some girls like it at an angle.

....*ahem*

The flyers work great because at first people think they got a ticket or something. Then they see the word "asshole" and they're urged to look at it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement