Bilt Techno Helmet - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Bilt Techno Helmet

Just ordered this helmet off cyclegear.com for 159.99
1366068709744.jpg
Anyone have any experience with this helmet?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by Tattooedloser84; 04-15-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 05:05 PM

Dude looks sweet!!

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 05:16 PM

Let us know how it is. Any wind noise and stuff.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 06:48 PM

No experience with it, but let me know how the bluetooth works as well as like MNR said, how the wind noise is.

I've been looking into getting a bluetooth motorcycle headset or helmet with bluetooth installed. Just to have the option to make/answer quick calls when on trips and what not.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 PM

Iv been thinking bout grabbing this helmet, the sale ends 5/1/13, has a flip down sunshade so cool, heard there's wind noise at around 75, but I think that's worth it to be bumpin some tunes!! ROCK HARD RIDE FREE

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 08:44 PM

Sorry to cast the sour notes, but two observations:

First, there is NO WAY in hell that a helmet at that price point is gonna offer the same level of protection that a quality helmet (like my Shoei RF-1100) will in the event of a crash. That, to me, is the #1 purpose of a helmet..I don't really care that much about how it looks, its protective qualities are the most important factor. As I always used to ask parents/riders after they drop several grand on a bike and new gear, then try to buy the cheapo helmet...."How much is your head worth?" and/or "How good is your long-term medical care insurance (for after you're reduced to a drooling vegetable)?"

Remember, there are two kinds of bikers: Those who've laid their bike down, and those who will.

Second, as much as I LOVE music (and metal is great for riding to), the idea of blasting tunes when riding is insane to me. Hell, the best music on two wheels is the sound of the bike!! As stupid as cagers are I really want to try to be able to HEAR when one of them tries to overtake or run me off the road.

I have come to terms with the possibility of dying while riding, life has a 100% death rate. I would rather live having fun and end up dead in a motorcycle crash than never do anything fun because it's dangerous and I might get killed. No one makes it out alive anyway. - From a friend on another forum, used with his permission.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 03:38 AM

Oh lighten up. 160 bucks is a good amount of cash for some people. I believe the helmet will protect just fine, especially if its DOT cert. And music while you ride for long rides is nice.

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

It's half off so the helmet isn't cheap just on sale

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 09:16 AM

say what you will, but just wearing a helmet nowadays deserves some praise in and of itself

that being said, this helmet is half off like Tattooedloser said. $320 is plenty for a helmet. $160 for the same helmet is even better

You have to think that about $100 may be for the BT installed in it, but even then $220 is a quality price.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Got the helmet today, didn't get to ride with it yet but I did listen to the audio and the speakers sound good, only problem so for is that it's narrower then my old helmet so my ears are a tight fit (there also stretched to 3/4 of an inch) other then that it fits great.... Just debating if I wanna send it back for a larger one or hope the sides just need worn in. Either way seems like a great helmet! Once I test in on the road I'll post again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement