A cold ride! (mini ride report) - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to SubZero
A cold ride! (mini ride report)

Just for shits and giggles went for a ride today while there was clear skies. The weather forecasts rain for the next five days starting this today. So got ready to ride and warmed up the bike which didn't take too long.
As soon as we started to get out of the mostly populated part of the city the chill really hit. It was only 48 degrees when we left. bbbbrrrrrr Not to be a pussy I just did my best to ignore the chill my thighs, hands and neck were feeling. I forgot my little neck cover and my gloves are summer race gloves so they are fully vented.
Got up to our first destination which was the Naked Lounge Coffee house in El Dorado Hills. Time to warm up the hands and body with a mocha latte. Sat at the coffee house for about an hour then noticed the clouds were starting to really roll in and were looking very dark and ominous. Crap. I expressed my concerns about having never ridden in the rain and being on full race spec tires. Crap again. Jeff said if it starts raining we'll have to leave my bike there 2up back and get my car so he can ride my bike home. I decide that instead of doing what we originally planned which was to head to get lunch we would make the 28 mile ride back so as to hopefully miss the rain. But we were still going to take White Rock Road back. I have never ridden this road but it's famous up here with sport bike rides. Massive straights, some kick ass cornering, and blind hills. It runs parallel to the freeway, has a 55 mph speed limit and little to no traffic. Anyways. We hop on our bikes and start heading towards home. We make the right turn onto White Rock and I see Jeff ahead of me warming up his tires. OH BOY!!! I start to warm my tires. Sure enough this road delivered. Hairpin corners, sweepers and chicanes. But holy shit I was frozen. I went into almost a full tuck and stayed there. That helped a lot with reducing the cold hitting me. Out of the corner of my eye I see a small lightning strike in the distance. We continue on at a good pace. We hit the main road and civilization. Almost home. Hit some knarly ass traffic, split lanes. Finally get home and pull the bike in and what do I see??? Clear skies! I think to myself "are you fucking kidding me?" I /we could have rode at least another hour. But knowing my luck, had I chanced it the flood gates in the sky would have opened. Ah well. I got in a good two hours on the bike start to finish. All in all a great day. Even though I froze my ass off.

Yes I'm a
08 Monster Energy (replica) 250R
WARNING! Psychological Nudity. Adult content. Viewer discretion is advised.
Be mischievous. It feels good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 08:52 PM

sounds really fun! its really cold here too. need to find a day next week to use up my almost 3 weeks old gasoline to put fresh gas in there along with Sta-Bil to store it for good for this winter.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 02:04 AM

brrr...I hate riding cold. It is better than not riding at all though
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKing View Post
store it for good for this winter.
What does that mean?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 07:58 PM

Yeah riding in the cold sucks, but is still fun. I just wear a sweatshirt and sweatpants over my leathers to help stay warm. It's great the kind of looks you get from people when they think you're just wearing sweats.

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement