2009 ZX-6r vs 2008 ZX-6R - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to 91stealthtt
2009 ZX-6r vs 2008 ZX-6R

I don't know which one I want to buy!!! I want to see what other peoples opinon is on it. Post up Yay or Nay Pro's vs Con's with why you picked the one that you picked. Z and James you better put in your

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 10:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to Malaqui
By cosmetic reasons i would go for the 2009. though it still looks a lil odd to me from the front. But it still looks better than the 2008.

Go Go Kawasaki Go!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 04:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to minizoom
I would get the 09'. Looks better and also lighter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to 91stealthtt
I have read on kawasaki.com that the 09's are 20lbs lighter!!! I'm leaning more towards the 09 monster and adding the 08's rims on it (the green ones) so it would be all black with a green "M" on the left and right fairings with a green seat, double bubble, and green rims w/ the green HID lights.......Sound Good?

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 10:19 PM

It's a Kawasaki that isn't the 250. Other than as a track whore that you're going to beat up every time you take it out, why on earth would you want one? The ZX7R I had was a track whore.

That's my opinion, you'll take it, and you'll like it.

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 07:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to SubZero
I agree with Zmoe. The 09 ZX6 R is 100% ALL NEW. This bike is going to blow the fairings off all the other I4 600's on the market now dues to the changes Kawasaki has made. Not only is she 20 lbs lighter but she is smaller in over all size and has quite a bit more horsepower compared to other years. There have been chassis changes. As I just said the bike is 100% new over it's predecessors.
Why would you want that for the street? When Kawasaki says "Race ready. Street legal ............... barely." they mean it. Yes the bike is street legal but it was (and always has been) built for racing or aggressive track riding. Not for putting around on the street or the occasional little group ride. You will not even come close to using the power or cornering that bike is capable of on the street. Testers for the new 09 have rated it ALREADY at the top of the 600 class and said for a 600 they felt the bike was laughing at them during their test rides. No test rider has ever boasted that about a 600 before. Especially even before putting in on a track. Yeah she's stunningly gorgeous and from what the testers have said rides amazing but it's really a serious waste a money to buy a bike like her just to putt around on the street.

All that else aside. Mechanically and Specs wise .................. the 09 is going to be the best (so far) year. All new and 100 times better then the previous zed years.

Yes I'm a
08 Monster Energy (replica) 250R
WARNING! Psychological Nudity. Adult content. Viewer discretion is advised.
Be mischievous. It feels good.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 08:03 AM

Oh I wasn't saying the bike is too powerful for street, I was saying all Kawasaki's except the Ninja250 suck.

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Head Janitor

I'm not a fast guy, and my track bike is old (2003 600RR). It doesn't have a slipper clutch, down on horse power, and weights as much as a tank (same weight as the 02-05 F4i). I can hold my own on any track against bigger, faster, lighter bikes any day. So whenever I buy a bike, it's usually because of a good deal and how I like the looks of it. The specs are nothing more than a bunch of numbers to me. So I'd say get one that you can afford, and that it will give you an ear-to-ear grin whenever you get on it. I know I get that stupid grin whenever I get on my old 600RR or my little 250. --->
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 11:03 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to SubZero
Buy whatever is going to blow your skirt up! Whatever fits your fancy. Me, I will either get an 09 ZX6 or a Ducati 696.

Yes I'm a
08 Monster Energy (replica) 250R
WARNING! Psychological Nudity. Adult content. Viewer discretion is advised.
Be mischievous. It feels good.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec44 View Post
and my track bike is old (2003 600RR). It doesn't have a slipper clutch, down on horse power, and weights as much as a tank (same weight as the 02-05 F4i).
You're like the people who think Gardena is "the ghetto". Your bike is not a tank, and it is not old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
Me, I will either get an 09 ZX6 or a Ducati 696.
That's 2 strikes in a row right there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement