250R delivery - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Question 250R delivery

I believe this is the right place to post this, but you guys can move it if it's not.

I am considering buying my bike from ebay, as there are very few bikes available locally, and most of them are overpriced. Thus, if I find the right shipping company, it would be cheaper to bring from afar, and if it is a reliable company (the seller really looks legitimate and honest), there should be nothing to worry about.

However, therein lies the problem; or concern, rather. I wanted to ask you guys if you have any experience with an honest, reliable shipping company that would bring the bike safely, and at a reasonable price, from Michigan to Arizona.

I have set up an account and the listing in uShip, and for those of you not familiar with this (I just learned how it works), you basically create a listing of your shipment: description, origin, destination, etc., and shipping companies start bidding for the right to provide the service. Sounds pretty cool in theory, but I don't want to go just by the lowest price, as it could get more expensive, should something were to happen to the bike.

And that's where you guys and gals come in. Please post your experiences here, so I have some reference once the bids start coming.

Thanks! And don't be shy, speak up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 02:14 PM

I bought my '08 250 on e-bay from a private seller in SC.
I used "Bike Ship" (the company was one that works with e-bay & came in lowest $$ for shipping)
The shipping company offered insurance @ an addtl. cost, but I didn't go for it.
They inspected the bike at pick-up and found no damage. (bike had 260mi.) It was delivered by tractor trailer about 10 days after pick-up. (SC - FL) I did have to meet the driver at the entrance to our development due to narrow roads.
All in all, a good experience. Hope this helps.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

I am happy to announce that I bought the bike last night. This morning I arranged shipping, trough uShip.com, for the bike from MI to AZ. They should pick it up tomorrow and be here about a week after that. I can't wait. The shipper's name is jmcarter1, if you ever come across him, and I will post the details once I get it.

I can't wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 06:32 PM

congrats ed!
Enjoy & ride safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement