Please help - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Sexual chocolate Send a message via MSN to Sexual chocolate
Cool Please help

So here is the deal, I want this bike!!! I am 17 years old and I have the money to buy the bike my mom says I have to wait until I am 18 which is November 5 till I can buy the bike under my name my first proposal to my mom was ya Yamaha R1 and then I looked around and found a bike for $3000!!! I was like WHAT THAT CANT BE RIGHT. Nevertheless, is was, so it allowed me to get a bike for a good price and then allowed me to modify it more to my style. and as I did research on this bike I read countless reviews and fell in love with it.... ... so my question to you guys is what could I sell to my mom to really convincer to let me get this bike? I also need to convince my dad. The thing about my dad is that he and my mom skydive have tattoos take me bungee jumping. Ride motorcycles and quads I actually have a 200xr and he wants me to buy his friends crf250x so it is not as if they are liberal just unknowledgeable so please respond with some advice that would help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Head Janitor

I'm definitely against getting an R1 as your, assuming, first street bike. ALso, unless you see the bike in person, 3k for a yamaha R1 sounds like scam.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Sexual chocolate Send a message via MSN to Sexual chocolate
NO I would pay way more for the r1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 08:47 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to SubZero
First time bike, you're 17 and you want a 1k!?!?!?!?!? You're heading down a quick road to a bad crash and possibly death. No offense meant doll but an R1 is still too much bike for some expert racers let alone a 17 year old new rider. I hope this doesn't sound harsh, actually that's a fib. Harshness sticks in the brain more and causes one to think. But at 17 you're not mature enough or have enough knowledge to handle a 1k cc motorcycle. I'm sure others on this will not help to give pointers on how to convince your mother to allow you to get a 1k cc bike.

You need to get either a 250 or a 500. Or even an SV 650 or 650R. I would suggest getting a 250 and ride that for a year as much as you can then upgrade in cc's. Keep in mind there is a damn good chance you will drop or crash your bike within the first 3 - 6 months of owning it. So a brand new bike is usually not something a newbie should get.

Please take these words to heart and rethink your decision.

Yes I'm a
08 Monster Energy (replica) 250R
WARNING! Psychological Nudity. Adult content. Viewer discretion is advised.
Be mischievous. It feels good.

Last edited by SubZero; 10-20-2008 at 07:50 AM.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual chocolate View Post
[COLOR=black]So here is the deal, I want this bike!!! I am 17 years old and I have the money to buy the bike my mom says I have to wait until I am 18 which is November 5 till I can buy the bike under my name my first proposal to my mom was ya Yamaha R1 and then I looked around and found a bike for $3000!!! I was like WHAT THAT CANT BE RIGHT.
What was the bike you found for $3,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual chocolate View Post

Nevertheless, is was, so it allowed me to get a bike for a good price and then allowed me to modify it more to my style. and as I did research on this bike I read countless reviews and fell in love with it.... ... so my question to you guys is what could I sell to my mom to really convincer to let me get this bike? I also need to convince my dad. The thing about my dad is that he and my mom skydive have tattoos take me bungee jumping. Ride motorcycles and quads I actually have a 200xr and he wants me to buy his friends crf250x so it is not as if they are liberal just unknowledgeable so please respond with some advice that would help me!
So your parents let you buy the $3,000 bike, whatever it is, and now you want to know how to convince your partents to let you buy a R1. Is that right?

The best way to get them to let you buy a R1 is to move out of their house, get a decent paying job with good medical benefits, then turn 24 or 25 after riding other bikes for the next 7 years.

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 06:12 AM

Send a message via MSN to CaMo_FroG
your post is some what confusing... but i would have to agree with the posts above /\... i rode dirt bikes and stuff when i was a teen but never street bikes and now that im 27 an financially able i got an 08 ninja 250R, more for just riding an commuting to work etc. but i didnt trust myself on a 600+ to 1000cc bike... besides ... my car gets 38-40 mpg so im not savin much with a bike that gets the same... and who knows i may still upgrade in a year or two when my skills are better ... but i think ill still keep my 250...

2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Black
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 07:48 AM

I think what he is saying is that he was looking for an R1, then found one for $3000 and it seems it legitimate, so he wants to buy that. The problem is that his parents won't let him buy anything until he's 18 and can buy it under his name.

And going back to the advice, I will agree with everyone here that the safest route is to get a smaller bike for even less than $3000, ride that for several miles (a lot) while you turn 18 (or 25 as someone suggested) and save for your dream bike. By then you will have a lot of experience and more sounding skills for your new all-too-powerful R1 when the time comes.

Also, if you haven't done so already, I strongly suggest taking the MSF's BRC course.

And don't forget to buy appropriate gear also.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

ok well my though was you guys all love the 250 and know that the price was 2999msrp so about 3500 after tax so that was the bike i was eluding to i guess i just mad a mess the r1 was the bike i eanted first because it looked cool and my mom was like no way in heck u going to get a 1000cc bike and so i looked around more and found the 250r and fell in love with it now i need to convince my parents that is it a good reliable begginer bike and they should alow me to get it and ride it does that help??
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

also i already ride dirt bikes and my dad just wants me to get another one but i dont have time to go because in wa only two places to ride Tahuya and olympic park but they are good hour away if not more and i have to prep my bike and wash it and i dont have the time with sports and work right now but to ride up and down my street so thats why i want a street bike to ride to school and work and around town
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:23 PM

The engine size alone when compared to the R1 should be a good enough arguement for why they should let you get a Ninja 250 instead of a R1.

Have you considered getting a 250cc dual sport? It'd still be a dirtbike, which they're obviously comfortable with you having, and you could ride both street and dirt with it. If you wanted to 'go big' with it, you could get street tires and make it a transvesbike. aka: motard

https://www.250r.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2&dateline=1217136591

If you feel like you've outgrown your 250, you've probably outgrown your helmet too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement