Helmet Help ! What helmet do you use? - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Smile Helmet Help ! What helmet do you use?

Im shopping around for a new helmet, ive tried from the inexpensive bluetooth helmet from walmart (SIGI brand) , and found it to be extremely heavy, and turning from side to side is difficult. Air ventilation was terrible as well ..

Im looking for a light weight full face helmet, that has good ventilation in the $80-150 price range. Reason i go so low as $80 as ive seen on a couple sites some HJC helmets going for cheap. I found a HJC CS-R1 for $50 bucks, a CL-16 for $90...

This site seems to have decent pricing :
http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/stre...full-face.html

Let me know what you all recommend! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 09:11 PM

Check out sportbiketrackgear.com or ridersdiscount. Both have good prices on Scorpions which I would recommend over HJC any day of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170
Just remember.."respect for the bike" is not what keeps you from crashing. You can have all the respect in the world for the bike, but when you do something accidentally and the bike reacts in a way that your skillset doesn't know how to respond to.......that's what ends you up on your head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic
For every person that came in "too hot" and ran off the track, there is somebody else who comes into that same turn, even hotter, on purpose.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 11:46 AM

HJC aren't too bad. I've heard some bad reviews for the CS-R1 though and some great reviews for the CL-16. I have the CS-R2 and I love it. You can get extra visors for pretty cheap too. I've had the helmet about 7 months now and haven't found any major flaws. HCJ's are known for not lasting very long though, but if you take care of it, it'll stay looking and feeling brand new.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 12:09 PM

^ agreed they are a very decent helmet. But owning both a Scorpion and a HJC, I'd take a Scorpion all day. Their clearance prices are pretty much the same and the visors are way better and just as cheap too.

Quote:
Just remember.."respect for the bike" is not what keeps you from crashing. You can have all the respect in the world for the bike, but when you do something accidentally and the bike reacts in a way that your skillset doesn't know how to respond to.......that's what ends you up on your head.
Quote:
For every person that came in "too hot" and ran off the track, there is somebody else who comes into that same turn, even hotter, on purpose.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 03:29 PM

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadster00 View Post
maybe I should get a scorpion for my next helmet..
I would definitely recommend it!

Quote:
Quote:
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 06:38 AM

i have an HJC and a scorpion. love my scorpion.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 06:45 AM

I have a HJC love it. Wrights Motorcycle.

-Joseph
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillian_xx View Post
i have an hjc and a scorpion. Love my scorpion.
qft

Quote:
Quote:
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89ninja250black View Post
I have a HJC love it. Wrights Motorcycle.

-Joseph
Ever ridden in anything else??

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement