Getting Blasted! - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Getting Blasted!

Is it just me, or did others on here get blasted for buying a 250r for a first bike? I can't believe how many people are getting bent out of shape and pissed that I'm not going strait to a 600cc.

Not gonna lie, kinda makes me question if I should really start on the 250R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 10:48 AM

Yea I got it too. But in the end run you have to realize, it's affordable, looks nice, and you can take it anywhere on the highway. It does everything a 600cc bike does except go faster, which in my case is good since I'm a beginner

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com App
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 01:39 PM

ignore them, man. I've gotten blasted too and some guys have called my bike a "scooter". Which there are plenty of 250cc scooters out there lol. Honestly, I love the 250. I may one day feel the need to upgrade, but I love the weight of the bike being so light. As you get more used to the bike, you should take it down some twisties and see if your friends on their big bikes can keep up.

as Mike said, the only thing it doesn't do is go faster. That can't really be THAT big of a deal. If anything, it makes tickets cheaper.. You should be happy with your bike. These bikes are awesome. There are tons of things to like about the 250. But it's a motorcycle just like their bikes. You shouldn't feel inferior or lame compared to them. Whenever I'm next to a huge Harley, I sure do feel inferior, but I love having a 250. I'm getting better gas mileage and going just as fast as everyone else. I doubt any of your friends go faster than 100mph on the highways

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 01:59 PM

Amen! Lol 250r FTW!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com App
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 06:27 AM

Unless someone is going to buy you a bike and help you take care of it, who gives a crap about what they think you should have. Real friends will always respect what you have and who you are. Only the shallow, immature, narrow minded and self centered will judge, shun or ridicule you based on something as petty as a 600 cc motorcycle. Here's a good article for beginners to read. Form Equals Function: Sportbikes are Not Beginner Bikes

Best of luck and safe riding on what ever you choose.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Got my 2010 250R today! First time on a bike and I was very impressed. I don't see why people talk sh#t about these bikes, very nimble and quick. Even though I only had less than an hour of solid riding today until it got dark out. I felt very comfortable on the bike, to be honest I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm very happy with making the 250R my first bike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement