Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-16 of 16 Results
  1. Maintenance
    I recently fell off my bike, it's a 2009 250 (not sure if it's an r) and am just now getting around to fixing it. When I try to turn it on I have to hold the start button for a few seconds until it gets to a comfortable idle or else it just shuts off. Under full choke it still idles very low and...
  2. Technical
    Hey Guys, I'm a fairly new rider and recently bought 09 Ninja 250. The bike has about 785 miles which most likely mean that it sat in a garage for awhile. It rides fine at first but usually after 30 mins, especially in city driving, where I have to use first gear a lot it tends to lose...
  3. Kawasaki Ninja 250R News and Reviews
    Read more about How To Adjust Throttle Free Play And Why at Motorcycle.com.
  4. Maintenance
    I got my ninja to start after giving it some starter fluid. Problem is it is idling at 12,000 rpm and starting to annoy the neighbors. I checked the choke cable, throttle cable. all fine could it be the carburator? it has been sitting for over a year so should i just take it out for a long ride...
  5. Technical
    So I bought a 2012 ninja 250cc. The previous wonder did not drive it for 6 months and it had off fuel in it. I drove it home and when I try taking off. Or even on neutral, I have to throttle it slowly otherwise the rpm cuts off and it dies.. I took the off fuel out after I got home , but I did...
  6. 2008+ Ninja 250
    What's up guys? New to the forum, just picked up an 08 a few weeks ago... getting back into the swing of riding after almost 10 years. I had a 2005 500r in high school and hit some loose gravel, didn't end well. Anyways, I picked up a Delkevic ss70 slip-on and install went smoothly as it...
  7. Technical
    my bike has been revving funny I have realised it could be the throttle (sticking) or the cable has stretch I was just wandering how do I check / sort the solution? many thanks :)
  8. Classic Ninja 250
    so i cleaned my carburetor on my 93' yesterday because it was giving me issues, and got it working perfect, now when i reattached all the cables and such the throttle wouldn't return after twisting it. i took apart the housing and cleaned it and everything, the cable has no kinks and all...
  9. Technical
    What's up everyone. I need some help w/ my '08. The throttle cable is loose & I was just wondering if it is an easy fix or if I could fix it myself. If so, how? I just don't want I take it to a shop. hah Thanks. Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
  10. Technical
    The bike runs fine until it gets warmed up. Then it dies everytime I let off the throttle... It did it today after driving about 10-15 miles. I let off the throttle and squeezed the clutch to downshift coming up on a red light and when I stopped, the bike was off. (I nv released the clutch...
  11. Technical
    When I pull my throttle back to give it gas it doesnt snap back to close after I release, just wondering if its a quick fix for me. Also under my seat on the gas tank itself is a little nozzle that doesn't have anything connected to it so I'm wondering what that is for and if I need a hose on...
  12. Technical
    Hi All, I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for so I apologize in advance if this has already come up. When all warmed up and running fine (for the most part) there seems to be a lag in the response to the throttle. I'll twist the grip, it'll hesitate for a second, and then...
  13. Modifications
    Is there a throttle mod out there for the Ninja 250R? I did a quick search and didn't find anything. The major complaint I have with the bike is I have to turn the throttle too far to get the juice. 1/4 turn to full throttle would be nice if there are any replacement throttle tubes or mods...
  14. Technical
    Hi all. Has anyone else noticed a slight throttle delay upon take off? Even after my bike is warmed up it seems to have a slight throttle delay when I engage the clutch. The bike kind of stalls after it first starts to roll. Is this normal? Thanks!
  15. Technical
    hey guys, i noticed on my newly aquired 2005 250r that my idle is pretty much out of wack. it'll idle at around 1.2k right after warming up. but after i ride her for a bit she idles at 2k. also noticed that she pulsates/surges while in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear and holding the throttle steady...
  16. Technical
    It has been a while since I rode a carburetor bike so maybe I just need to change my riding habit. It seems like my 250R doesn't response to throttle input and would stall out if I give it a quick throttle when the RPM is below 2k. If it's above 2k then it wont' stall if I give it a quick...
1-16 of 16 Results