Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

Big change...

Tags
big change
18K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  tylern69 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

A lot of you may not know, but I've been very occupied with many things in my personal life. Not too long ago, I was approached by the staff at Motorcycle.com regarding merging 250R.net with the Motorcycle.com's network of forums. I was hesitant at first but then realize that at this point in time I do not have the time or the energy to maintain this forum and grow it into something that I envisioned. So, instead of holding on to a dying forum I decided that the staff at Motorcycle.com is in a much better position to run 250R.net. They have the resources, experience, and most importantly the time to grow 250R.net into something bigger than I could. Unfortunately with many things in my personal life right now, I feel that it's better for me to contribute as a member and allow the forum to flourish. I rarely have time to even ride my 2 bikes these days, let alone running this forum. =)

With that said, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the staff from Motorcycle.com. They have been extremely understanding and helpful. They will be here to answer all of your questions and concerns, if any.

Vtec44 (james)

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Guys,

Just introducing myself to you, My name is Phil, I’m a Community Director for motorcycle.com. So you are all familiar motorcycle.com manages a number of different online communities. Currently I personally manage all of our sports and some motorcycle forums, and will be joining your team on 250R.net

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that 250R.net will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with you to as a team to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, Your Admins and Mods work very hard to keep the walls and the roof up in this place we are just here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s important that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

#3 ·
Tried posting up yesterday but power failures hampered my efforts.

Anyways, Welcome aboard Phil.. The This is a relatively small forum but stacked with quality members... Many of us have been here since the beginning. Glad to see that the opportunity to maintain this forum as a viable resource for the Ninja 250 community is alive...

#4 ·
I guess I can start with asking some questions to get to know this community better.

What made you join and stay?

What do you think sets this forum apart from other motorcycle forums?

What do you hate about the forum?

This helps get a dialog going about what changes or requests you may all have and also how I can understand what makes this community unique so we can tailor any changes that need to be made to your needs as a community.

#5 ·
I guess I can start with asking some questions to get to know this community better.

This helps get a dialog going about what changes or requests you may all have and also how I can understand what makes this community unique so we can tailor any changes that need to be made to your needs as a community.

-Vtec, Zmoe, and myself have been friends and riding motorcycles together for many years. We have done many track days as well as casual group ride events. We had the benefit of good mentors when we started riding and I believe we share many similar views in regards to the advocacy of developing good motorcycling skills and habits. Given the opportunity to promote good tips, techniques and to mentor new riders with valuable information were the reasons I joined and remain a member here.

-We are a relatively drama free forum. At this point we do not have a huge membership which is also probably why we are drama light.

-No hater here..
-It would be nice if we could expand the membership a bit but that's not something I hate but rather a desire to improve.

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum... I'm a relatively new member, I frequent several 250R forums... the only quam I have here is that there is not enough activity. The quality of this site is what keeps me coming back to check in on new information though. Hopefully we can bring the level of involvement up in here!

#8 ·
Hello and welcome to the family Phil. I have been here since the beginning when I was a brand new rider with a brand new 250. The fact is I still hold my 250 dear to my heart and love to promote and help educate new riders on this lovely little machine while trying to steer them towards our general philosophy of rider safety, maintenance, technique, and etiquette. I also stay for the hope of one day having the power to ban someone :noteeth.

This forum is special because it is very light on BS with no attitudes or problem members. It's pretty much all business. Activity is low and I would like to see it grow.

Cheers

#10 · (Edited)
Hi Phil
I am known as Racer X on a couple forums. I like the look and lay out of this one. ,I Have been Working on a project. I have been building a 250 ninja Land speed racer. It is a 2008 250 Ninja and I hit 121 mph last week at Maxton . And set 6 other records.That is the fastest 250 ninja on earth . I have developed a lot of things while racing. I try to share everything I do with the 250 ninja community. I am not making any money on this .I just want to show people that a 250 is a REAL motorcycle
I was the first to put the Koso Dash In a 250 ninja.That thread is Google #1 hit when you type in Koso Dash . I was the first to adapt the first generation ignition system to a 2008 250 giving a higher rev limit and more timing advance. I also have the fastest time slip in the 1/4 mile on a ninja 250 @ 14.4 . I don't say these thing to brag , I want to challenge people to go faster ON THE TRACK and show a faster time slip . It is fun affordable and everyone things it is great.

I will be on this forum, happy to answer any tech questions anyone has. I don't mind PMs but if you just start a thread It helps everyone learn .

#11 ·
Good to meet you all. I will be about the forum just getting the lay of the land. Hopefully putting in some small changes to help the staff's job to be easier at first. Then discuss with them what we need to help boost some traffic here to make it more interesting for everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.