Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

Kawasaki Ninja 250R Review

31K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Ronald 
#1 ·

It looks like a hypersport, but its seating position is as comfortable as a standard's. It's named after a line of superfast bikes, but is sedate enough for beginners. Its build quality is high, but its price is about as low as it gets.

But then, does Kawasaki's Ninja 250R even need an introduction? Since receiving a stylistic and functional makeover in 2008, which you can read about here, the Ninja has continued its legacy as a top seller for Team Green.

To those of us who've known this little screamer for a while now, it's not a mystery. Perhaps the only mystery in our minds is why the other Japanese OEMs have been content to let Kawasaki own this segment for the past couple of decades or more, but we'll save that for the sidebar.

For those of you who need a refresher, here goes.

More: 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Review on Motorcycle.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Funny how this story was written back when the Ninja 250 was practically the only beginner bike around. And now Honda responded with the CBR250R.

On a side note, I clicked on the link for the European Ninja 250 with fuel injection...and the bike on their page was white! It looked really cool! Kawi, if you're reading, please bring the white Ninja 250R here to America!

#4 ·
Yes there is a Special Edition white 250R for 2011:

As for a black exhaust... I'm sure you can find someone with a 2010 or 11 that already upgraded to an aftermarket exhaust that would sell you theirs... just a thought ;)

#6 ·
I still like the Euro version of the ninja 250 with the white bodywork without the graphics kit. It's simple and nice-looking.

And I don't see why the black exhaust wouldn't fit? Then again, why not get a black aftermarket exhaust and add a little power to your bike?

#9 ·
I still like the Euro version of the ninja 250 with the white bodywork without the graphics kit. It's simple and nice-looking.

And I don't see why the black exhaust wouldn't fit? Then again, why not get a black aftermarket exhaust and add a little power to your bike?
how do i get an aftermarket exhaust for my kawasaki 2006 250, am trying to modify it. make it a little cool.
by the way, is it bad to drive without an exhaust? because i took it out!

#7 ·
I've got a question for anyone. Why is it when it rains, my bike doesn't want to move or it seems it's trying to burn anything but the full tank of gas? I checked of what I could see, to see if there's any exposed wires. Sense this IS my only transportation, I need to know, so no further damage will happen. I live 17 miles from my current job.

#12 ·
Bogging in the rain might indicate the airbox is getting water in it-I have a 2006 and have ridden here in south Florida(Davie) in torrential downpours with no ill effects, other than getting soaked.
Does the later model have the same foam/dryer softener filter, and does it have a drain in the bottom of the airbox? Also check the clamps that hold the airtubes that connect to the airbox, if one was not sealed properly, this would be a great place to suck h2o!
Safe riding...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.