Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

Modifying the 2007 NINJA 250R

13K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jwthole 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm a first time rider and I'm taking my classes for my permit. I'm getting a new 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R from a family member and the bike has about 100 miles on it.
I was wondering what modifications I can do to make it look a lot better. Emphasize on the word "LOOK" lol. I was recently looking online at other forums and came across this 250R

Now I like what he did to the back tire of the bike by removing that piece that normally would hold the signals.
Also I can tell it is dropped a bit. I really like the look of this bike. I also want to know if it's possible to remove the flames on the bike, and how would I do so?

Is it also possible to put "Angel Eye" headlights on this bike, if so how would i go about doing it?

& as far as paint, the bike I'm getting is blue and the flames are white, how much would it cost to change the color of the bike?

Thank you:)

& please if you have a modified 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250R post pictures i want to see how far i can go with this.

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know about paint, but changing the headlights would be tough. You'd have to get the race fairing and cut the shapes our yourself. Since the front is so skinny, it might look weird. Not to mention finding headlights in the right shape that would fit.

The rear is nice, but I preferred the way I did mine. I did away with the rear plastic completely and put the blinkers in the 2 square lights on either side of the brake light. I popped out the small piece of plastic under the brake light and replaced it with clear plastic, so the light would shine on the license plate (a requirement in CA). I also mounted the license plate with 2 L brackets under the brake light. There are 2 fairing bolts there that worked perfect. That cleaned the rear up real nice.

Lowering the bike... I don't recommend it. It messes with the ergonomics/performance of the bike. If you need it to be lower for footing, get a spare seat and shave some of the foam out of it where your ass normally would be. That'll give you about an extra inch worth of reach.

Unless the flames have clearcoat over them, they should just be stickers you can peal off.

#3 ·
Alright cool thank you . this was really helpful . so i should just keep the front as is huh ? do you mind posting pictures of your bike ? or i can give you my email if you want to send it there ?

So there's no way to put angel eyes on that model huh ?

#5 ·
here's a pic of my bike

the flames were removed when I got it. Got the front blinkers on ebay. Previous owner put aftermarket signals in the back, but I cut the back fender. I would definitely not encourage you to remove it completely. Just cut off the part that sticks out. reattach the rest of it because it will help keep water out of your underseat and keep water away from your rear wiring. I thought about relocating the turn signals into the side sockets, but chose not to. I just think it looks too plain and I like the look of the rear signals where they are, the current rear signals are also more visible in the daytime. I plan on replacing the front mirrors and the windscreen(ordered from mikeshields.com and it should be arriving soon). I love the way it currently looks and I think it will look even better with updated mirrors

#7 ·
sure. Here's two pics. The way it looked after I cut it, and then installed. I don't currently have one dead on from the rear or from underneath, but can get you those if you want.

Just fyi: I ended up buying the fender eliminator on ebay. One because it looks nice and neat, and two because it came with a light (un-adhesivised... in the pic because that light didn't work, but the guy sent me another). It had holes for the turn signals and the install was super easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.