Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

Long Distance Rides for the 250???

12K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Apple213 
#1 ·
Hi I got a 2004 ninja 250r last summer in great condition and was just curious as to if the bike can be ran for a long period of time. Im planning on visiting family this summer who live about 6 hours away. Can my bike run this long in one day without damaging it? I plan on cruising around 70 to 75mph. Im kind of new to the street bike world so im not sure exactly what its capable of.

#2 ·
Lots of people have done long distance rides on the 250. I would just make sure you've done all the routine maintenance like an oil change if necessary, check tire pressure, and may not be a bad thing to change your spark plugs if you never have (depending on the age of your bike). The bike may burn oil ride at that speed for 6 hours. Just make sure to check the site glass every now and then and fill up with oil as necessary and you should be good to go. Seems like a lot of stuff, but it's pretty simple. Have fun! Planning on doing a trip on my bike very soon for a nine hour trip.

#3 ·
I read a story about a young man and his girl friend that rode from Texas through South America on his 2003 (?) Ninja 250, bike was over loaded, on good roads he rode 80 MPH all day, trip lasted 6 months and they went 15,000 miles, not one problem with the Ninja 250. Sorry, I can't find the story now, but it was a very good read. Took me two days to read it. After reading this story I decided to buy a Ninja 250, 2004 to 2006 when I find one for sale. I've got the cash. You can find the story at the Ninja 250 riders club. Ride safe my friend.

#4 ·
Ya it's perfectly able to handle that ride I rode from Austin to corpus christi just fine and planning a 8-8/12 hr trip soon (maybe summer) just do like the other guy said checking
T-clocs, ps I love my
Lil 2011 ninja

We raise hell bitch!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.