Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

02 l.e.d. brake light issue - always stays on

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Tattooedloser84 
#1 ·
with the stock brake light plugged in brake light functions like normal. with the led one plugged in, it lights up like the brake is being applied even if its not. checked the rear brake light switch, not an issue ( being as the brake light works with the normal light)

any ideas?

Im stumped

gitter

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
not sure how to fix it. I tried using an LED in the taillight and had the same problem. The light was lit fairly brightly, and it didn't change in brightness when I pressed the brake levers. So I turned the bulb around and it didn't change anything. I'm not sure how to get them to work in the taillight assembly.

I ended up just replacing them back with halogen bulbs

I'm using LED turn signals, and you have to replace the stock flasher to get those to work. But I have no idea how to get LED's to work in the taillight, like I said

#3 ·
the Ninja 250 stock tail/brake light is a 1157 2 filament bulb. Any LED bulb must be a 1157 /2057 /2357 replacement to function as both tail and brake light. LEDs are always lit. They are dim for the tail light and the intensity is turned to bright for the brake light. Depending on the quality of the LED bulb, you may not be able to tell that much of a difference. Make sure your LED bulb has a double contact on the bottom of the bulb.

#7 ·
the bulbs or the whole turn signal?

I bought some aftermarket turn signals to fit into the fender eliminator. I found them on ebay, and then just replaced the bulbs with LED bulbs. I also replaced the front turn signals bulbs with LED bulbs.

I also found all the bulbs on ebay, and they were all really cheap. Which may have been why the taillights never worked: LED's were low quality. Haven't had any problems with the turn signals though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.